Do you remember when your grandma used to make her famous custard pie? You could smell it baking in the oven and you just couldn’t wait to dig in. Well, this doesn’t have to be just a memory anymore, and you don’t have to rely on grandma to do it. You can now make it on your own!
Ready in less than 1 hour, and using ingredients you likely already have on hand in your fridge and pantry, this easy, and super creamy Old Fashioned Custard Pie will impress friends, guests, and most importantly, grandma.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium sized bowl, using a hand mixer or whisk, beat the eggs slightly. Add in sugar, salt, nutmeg, milk and vanilla and beat well until combined (mixture will be somewhat thin)
- Carefully pour mixture into unbaked pie shell and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely to room temperature
- Sprinkle the top of the fully cooled pie with nutmeg, slice and serve