This original recipe for spicy sausage noodles is one of our most popular recipes from Pinterest! It is by far one of the best pasta recipes on our entire website, and you MUST try it.
- 8 oz Penne pasta
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel tomatoes and green chiles, Mild
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, each
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced scallions
- Start with add in olive oil to an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Add sausage and onions and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, tomatoes, cream, pasta, salt and pepper and stir. Bring to a boil, cover skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in ½ cup cheese. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with scallions. Broil until cheese is melted, spotty brown, and bubbly.
Note: Serves 4.