Yoghurt Lemon Breakfast Cake, or Ciambella ~ is a classic Italian style lemon cake with lots of lemon flavor and a delicate crumb. Accompany it with a good cup of coffee and you will start a good day.
Serves:16 – 20 Prep:10 Min Cook:40 Min
- 1 box – lemon cake mix
- 1 box – instant cheesecake pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 1 C – ricotta cheese (whole milk)
- 1/2 C – vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 13” x 9” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat together cake mix, pudding mix, Ricotta cheese, oil, eggs, and lemon extract on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Mix together sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over cake batter. Swirl sugar/cinnamon mixture into batter.
`4. Bake for 35- 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly, cut into squares.