This simple weekly stir-fry during the week is soothing and satisfying. The broccoli stems are used to add texture contrast and lighten up the dish, and why waste them?
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken, garlic and ginger. Fry 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is brown. (or use a seasoned Wok)
- Add 3/4 cup of the broth, the soy sauce and sugar. Cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Add broccoli. Cover and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center and broccoli are crisp-tender.
- Mix cornstarch with remaining 1/4 cup broth; stir into chicken mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened.