An easy and impressive way to make a great dessert. Whip them up and watch them disappear!
For the puffs:
- 8 Tbsp. Butter unsalted
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 C. All-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
For the cream filling:
- 2 C. Heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ C. Whole milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Box Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat on the stove, add the butter, water, and vanilla extract for the puffs. Bring to a boil, stir until the butter is melted completely, and then remove from the heat.
- Immediately add the flour and pinch of salt, and stir continuously until a well-combined dough has formed.
- Add the dough to a mixing bowl, and beat on low until it has cooled down.
- Mix the eggs into the dough one at a time. Be sure each egg is completely combined before adding another.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to put drops of batter onto a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed up and lightly browned.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the filling until stiff peaks have formed.
- Cut each cream puff in half.
- Pipe the filling onto one side of the cream puff, and top it with the other.
- Dust with some confectioners’ sugar before serving if desired.