Cinnamon and apple have a nice little friendship, don’t they? They lift each other up as only real friends do. And although they’re completely different when they’re apart, together they form an entity of their own flavor: apple-cinnamon. Just saying the word reminds one of the combinations of warm, cozy spice and soft, sweet apples. And this combination (with little chopped walnuts for a little crunch) is just the pair to flavor a simple everyday cake like this one.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs and oil. Add the cinnamon, white and brown sugars, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Fold in the apples and the nuts and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!