I’ve apparently made all the chicken tortilla soup recipes, but this is the first one I was really excited about! Ready in less than an hour and SO EASY!
Serves: 4 to 6
- 3 1/2 c chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts, whole
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes (16 oz)
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 can(s) diced green chili peppers (4 oz)
- 1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 can(s) pinto beans (16 oz)
- 1 c frozen corn
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cook chicken breasts. Remove bones and shred/finely chop.
Place chicken broth and chicken in medium to a large soup pot along with the chopped onions, cilantro, and minced garlic.
Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, diced green chili peppers, and pinto beans.
Add cumin, oregano, salt (about 1 tsp), and pepper (about 1/2 tsp).
Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
Add 1 cup of corn.
Heat until corn is heated. This can all be done in the Crock-Pot as well.
Serve with optional garnishes of shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and tortilla chips.
This Post Has One Comment
Great recipes good for quick dinners Sheila Sheila