This simple white chicken chili is filled with flavors from delicious cannellini beans, tender chicken and a rich, creamy broth. It’s so comforting on a cold night, but bright enough to enjoy even when the sun is at its peak.
Cook time: 6 Hr Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 12
- 1 pound of white beans, dry
- 5 tbsp. chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1-1/2 c onions, diced
- 1 c celery, diced
- 1 c green chilies, diced
- 2 lb chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can of corn
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Wash beans. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Place beans in a 5-quart Crock-Pot with the chicken stock.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Sauté chicken and veggies until chicken is done.
- Transfer all to the Crock-Pot, using a bit of chicken stock to deglaze the pan (you really want this as it adds just another depth of flavor to your chili).
- Cook on low for 6-hours, covered.
- Just before serving, add cream cheese and let it melt for about 15-minutes.
- Then stir it through your chili.