Serve this Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken over rice, you don’t want any of that delicious, sticky sauce going to waste. And because we are all trying to be healthier this time of year make sure to serve lots of fresh stir fried vegetables on the side.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (or leg quarters)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Place chicken in the crockpot.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Pour over chicken and cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, chop into cubes, and set aside.
- Strain the cooking liquid into a skillet and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and water until combined.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture to boiling liquid and reduce to a simmer. Allow sauce to thicken for 2-3 minutes then toss the chicken back in.
- Coat chicken with sauce and let heat through.