This outstanding Italian Meatloaf recipe is sure to please the entire family, and the leftovers (if you’re lucky enough to have any!) are amazing!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 C. chopped bell pepper (I used orange, it was all I had in the freezer)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 C. Italian bread crumbs
- 2 slices white bread, crumbled
- 1 T. milk
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese, reserve 3/4 C. for topping
- 1/4 C. parmesan cheese
- 1 C. marinara sauce, plus 1/2 -3/4 C. more for topping
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over med. high heat and sauté the onion and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add the meats, onion and peppers along with all remaining ingredients reserving 3/4 C. mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Now, dive in there with the best tools God gave you, your hands and combine everything really good. Once it has all come together, place and mold the mixture in a baking dish of your choice. I used my oval Portuguese stoneware for ours.
- Spoon 1/2 to 3/4 C. of the marinara sauce on top and spread around. Place in a 400 degree oven for 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese and sprinkle a little dry basil over the top.
- Return to the oven for 10 more minutes. Make sure the meat is not pink before serving, baking time will vary depending on the thickness of your loaf.
This Post Has 2 Comments
THERE IS NO PLACE TO PRINT THESE RECIPES..
All these recipes look so delicious. Will try as many as I can. Thank you.